Sunday, January 1, 2012

Picture Her Face

I'm going to a writers' retreat this coming week-end. I really shudder about things like this for I'm not comfortable with spending an entire week-end with my own thoughts. *g*

Yet, I am glad I signed up, for I know I need to kick-start my writing. I don't care if I am in pain, blast it all, I want to write.

I was reading something tonight about an expectant mother picturing the child in her womb. I don't think I ever did that. I just expected my children to be gorgeous. *g* But for a writer, I think it most helpful.

I don't have the gift of drawing but I have found I can draw. Enough to suffice. I intend to spend the week-end drawing Kathleen. And Kaspar. And perhaps Sir Giddly. Though I really do have a good image of that wondrous dragon. He is so over-the-top glorious!

I'm considering changing Kathleen's name, too. Now, I went to a lot of trouble 'finding' her name. It felt good and right. But now, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of Marina. Some say the name is from the god of war, Mars. That seems quite appropriate for my little heroine. Some say it's 'from the sea.' Which also could work. But I think I'll imagine Mars standing behind her. Oh - that's a neat image.

That would mean Bryan would have to be changed, too. I can do that. We'll see.

Happy New Year - sorry to have not said so at the beginning. It will be. I promise!

Life is imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment