Friday, December 30, 2011

Handmaiden of Creativity

Found a nice, topical quote. From T.S. Eliot: 'Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.'

I would venture to add: 'Illness is the destroyer of creativity.'

You'd think the two would go hand in hand. When I'm ill or hurt, I cannot, for love nor money, consider writing. Well, that's not quite true, I rue the fact that I can't write. I sit and stew about not writing. I wither in disgust at the idea that I'm not writing. Yet, illness sucks me dry.

When I'm ill, I guess I'm too tired to be anxious and therein lies the problem. I'm very good at anxiety. If I could publish anxiety, I would have at least ten thousand books on libraries across the land.

Somehow I must figure out how to be anxious and ill at the same time. No. The best would be -- stop being ill. Oh. a Christmas wish. A New Year's wish.

One for you too. A new year filled with joy and peace, but with touch of anxiety sans illness.

Life is hope-filled.

PS - The Droid will NOT allow me to post here. Believe me, I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment