Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Aaarrrggghhhhh

I'll repeat it if you can't read it. Aaarrrggghhhh!

I get so frustrated. I shouldn't 'cause it's not all about me but -- the folks in one of my writers' groups seem intent on NOT sending out their MSs... We are assigned a month to send them and I send mine two weeks before the meeting. Which is the protocol agreed upon by all. Ten days to two weeks - you send out your MS if it is your month to present.

This happens every month. I'm the only one in my group to send the MS in a timely fashion. One month, if you can believe it, a presenter sent hers out the night before. The night before.

And we are supposed to give it a thorough critique??? I don't think so.

I'm sorry. I really, really try not to whine or gripe or moan or be a total.... but this is discouraging. Because they don't send, it means there is only one MS to critique. It's mine this month, but then we don't learn. With critiquing, you get to learn things. That also means that a member who could substitute for them, is not allowed the opportunity.

*shakes it off*

I met with my editor tonight for a few minutes. Her dog and my granddaughter were with us so we didn't get to really chat, but it was great seeing her. I signed up for another one of her courses. It starts next Wednesday. I am so glad. I needed the time off, but I also need the support. I get it from this group. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment