Monday, January 2, 2012

Energized

Spent the last hour or so on Skype with friends from Ireland. My gosh, just seeing them and hearing their voices gave me such a jolt. Like one of the caffeine drinks. Red Bull or some such. I even want to write. Good grief.

We spoke long of friendship and fidelity and the holiday season. But then we got down to brass tacks, so to speak. We spoke of writing and ebooks and ipads and such. We spoke also of blogs and I enthused about how much fun I have and how grateful I am that I've got this blog.

They are thinking about doing the ebook thing. I harbor similar thoughts on dark days. In fact, once I have a 'real' book in my hands, stitched (or glued) and bound, then I'll consider ebooks. Or if 2020 comes and I'm still not 'published.'

Right now, it's not a publisher's fault. It's mine. 'Sorrysorrysorry' is done. I should be sending it out. I should have sent it out two months ago.

It is the work of sending that is holding me down. I think. I sometimes find I lie to myself. I think it's the work. Though I am not unfamiliar with work. I've worked since I was twelve. First job was at a medical answering service across the street from my house. When the owners would go out in the evenings, they'd ask me to watch the system. It was fun. There was a box and you had to put cords into the hole that corresponded to the rings. I never got a true emergency call, thank goodness. But it was an adventure for a twelve-year old.

The problem with sending my MS out is this. I've got to find my list of publishers, I've got to find the name of a contact at each publisher. This is the hard part. After that, I've got to personalize my cover letter and send it out.

My friends say I need a PA. What are they saying? What on earth is wrong with me? I have spent my career being a PA. Shees! You'd think I'd be able to PA myself, wouldn't you? 

*heavy sigh*

I am going to my list now. I'll let you know what happens. Oh oh. I've got to look at 'Blue' to see what chapters to send out for critique. It's that time of the month again. 

Dawdling. Procrastinating. Switching chores. *sigh*

Life is peculiar

2 comments:

  1. I can't blame you on the procrastination part. It REALLY is a LOT of WORK! But it will be so worth it in the end! So once you've pumped yourself up for the process, just go for it! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody said it was going to be this much work, Leigh.

    Glad to have a fellow blog-lover reading!

    Pump myself up, huh? Yes!

    ReplyDelete