Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trusting Statistics

Ah dear. I refuse to not be happy with the number of hits on my blog.


However, I was watching the new Sherlock Holmes the other night and Watson said his blog had over 1,800 hits in less than eight hours. A bit deflating to me as I count my first 1,800 that took almost a year to hit.


I will not be daunted by a fictional character. ROTFL


I've been watching a series of reports on SF writers (Asimov, Heinlein, Wells, Clarke). Another deflating exercise.


I will not be daunted by incredible writers with incredible imaginations.


'Blue' is good. I know it is. It might not be the great American tale, but it's been fun to write and I know my readers will get a kick out of it.


Listening to others opinions or accomplishments is a good thing, as long as it doesn't pull me down. I've got to continue to enjoy what I'm doing. My use of words draws praise from others. Not always, but it does. My scenarios are such that they draw my readers into the story. My characters are not flat, but real, struggling people.


I think the worst thing I can do is judge myself against others. Judge my works against others. I am unique as are you. My thoughts are not yours, thankfully, and yours are not mine. Creativity rules when I create from my own experiences, my own fears, my own thoughts. I will be creative.


Life is boundless.


PS - I've got a good chunk of Chapter Thirty-six done. Hoping to finish the chapter in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment