Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Teaching

Every time I get together with my writing partner, she tells me I should be teaching writing. She says the phrases and 'pictures' I use to describe the various reasons why I think she should change something resonate with her. It is heady praise. Perhaps I should consider it. She does a lot of reading of 'how-to' writing books. I am humbled when she says I get ideas across so much better, make it easy to understand why something should be changed, and all with laughter and kindness. She makes me blush.


We spent another great evening tonight. Lots of laughter and lots of intense scrutiny of words, phrases, meanings, and characters.


She writes so well. Her humor is insanely perfect. I laugh at the images her words grow in my mind. She berates herself for her lack of expertise with dialogue, but her innate humor is excellent. 


As for my story, she effuses over it. It makes it a fun evening for the both of us. I can't wait till the next session to see what slapstick situations her character will cause to happen. 


Life is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment