Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Best Laid Plans

Today has not gone as planned. I went to the hospital and discovered an empty bed. An odd sensation - one I'm going to hide away for when its needed. My relative died this morning at 3am. Calls to the family suggest he'll be buried on Saturday.


Which means - heavy sigh - I will miss my conference. I can't miss the funeral. For my cousins' sake. My uncle doesn't care - he's resting peacefully somewhere. 


I paid for two critiques. My editor says they'll send me them. They might also call. That will be nice. I am discouraged as I already missed one conference. Lots of friends would have been at Saturdays. That's another loss. 


But my family needs me and I'll be in the cortege. That's where I'm supposed to be. 


Please don't think I'll NOT miss my uncle. I will. He was dear to me and to his wife. Especially dear to his daughters. And his stepchildren. As a human, I just wish the funeral was being held on another day. God bless him and God bless us.


Life is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment