Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Exhausted But Happy

Today's wild ride culminated in meeting with one of my writer friends. Doctors' appointments and Little Gym, along with a stop for ice cream and the inevitable playing dolls took their toll. I am exhausted.


The day ended on an awesome note though. My friend and I decided a couple weeks ago to share our 'work.' She brings a chapter of her book to my place and I print out a chapter of mine and we read, critique, and help edit.


The last time we met, we had a ball. Laughter startled the neighbors, I'm sure, but the 'pedal to the metal' grind of dissecting our work paid off, I think. I know my friend felt the same way.


Tonight, we brought our respective chapter two's out. Shared insight into what we were trying to get across made us both swallow hard as we accepted the critiques. The sharing went well. Now, I have a lot of work to do finding 'diamond' sentences for the chapter. So does my friend.


It was a glorious meeting. Mutual respect helps. Love of writing transcends egos. Enthusiasm for writing the best story possible makes changes bearable.


Life is a good and honest friend.


PS - Rest in piece Mr. Sendak. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment