Sunday, May 6, 2012

Courage Or Insanity

*Phew!* 


Just finished chapter thirty-five. I started it a few days ago and kept postponing returning to it. I hadn't a clue as to what was going to happen in the next few hours and that had me quaking in my boots. (Hmm - I used to be called Tex.)


I sat down tonight with the vow that I would write the chapter. I knew where it was heading. I knew the terrain. I knew that the characters were in the midst of confusion and horror. 


I sat and looked at the blank screen. A white Word screen can be quite daunting. Even with chapters completed and notes scribbled.... Daunting.


I put on some Bad Company and put my fingers on the keyboard and willed them to move. I have found, time after time, that if I just sit down and tell myself to start typing or writing (depending upon the medium I'm using) that the words come. They always do. 


Why don't I remember this lesson? I suppose I better put sticky notes all over my 'office' with the words.... THE WORDS ALWAYS COME. Then I wouldn't let fear or whatever keep me from writing.


Life is incorrigible.


PS - The chapter's pretty good, too!

2 comments:

  1. You go woman! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I like that! The words always come. I need to remember it.

    ReplyDelete