Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Manna From Heaven

My editor called today and we met via phone for about an hour. Her enthusiasm for ‘Sorrysorrysorry’ was most encouraging.

She had three areas of concern.

The first was easily fixed. She said ‘with lolling tongues’ tripped the reader’s tongue. After saying the offending statement three times, I knew she was right. It is now changed to ‘with rolling tongues.’ It was my daughter’s suggestion and t works.

The second was quotation marks. Again, she was right. I took out one pair, making the dialogue flow better.

The third was with the hippos. Now, this one is going to be a bit more difficult to fix. If you’re a poet, you know changing a word can be difficult. Changing an entire line is near catastrophic. But it can be done. The only thing is *g* I already had changed the offending line once. Back to the drawing board.

She is right in all instances and I thank God I have an editor who ‘knows’ the market.

She finished her critique by saying, fix these and then send it. It is perfect. Words like manna from heaven.

Tomorrow, I will research publishing houses and prepare to send it.

Life is gratifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment