Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Tools

Hi folks!

Motivation can be difficult to tap into, some days. I have thought discipline might be my problem with my writing, but a friend says I've got a good chunk of discipline. We discussed the 'fear of failure' and the 'fear of success' syndromes that can just immobilize a writer, but she thought it might help to use a few more tools.

Now - if you notice on this blog - there are notes touting my progress on the left side of the home page. These have been quite useful, but I have decided to put (on the right side of the home page) a listing of goals, not just for the books I'm writing, but for each individual chapter. (One column for 'Blue' and one for 'Other.'

I like that idea. Sometimes I've noted that I don't write a lot during the month when I'm NOT going to present to my writers' groups. I don't like doing that. It feels like cheating or something.

With these goals marked down with dates for the specific chapters, I hope to do away with the 'excuse' that I don't have to write because I'm not presenting. I have to write to stay happy. I have to write to stay sane. 

Enough for now. I've got a chapter to edit by Saturday and another chapter to write by next Thursday. Whoo hoo!

Life is writing.

PS -- I have to tout that my editor and friend is guest columnist at the Writer's Digest blog of Chuck Sambuchino!  http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/6-reasons-being-a-pirate-is-like-being-a-writer

No comments:

Post a Comment