Monday, January 14, 2013

Discovery

This writing thing is strange. I've been doing it for the last ten years or so, but have never felt the way I do with this new book. I've finished chapter six of 'The Other Side' and am halfway through chapter seven.

I find it's rather terrifying. The story is, too! Usually, I chaff at the bit while I'm writing. I can't write fast enough to get the story out. I love it. The one main reason that I love it is that I am finding out the story as I write. And I want to know what happens next.

With 'The Other Side,' it's like I'm watching The Twilight Zone. I'm not a big horror fan and yet I'm writing a horror sci-fi story. At least it's rather horrific at the moment. I don't want to read on. This is where I usually turn off the tv. Yikes! 

So I'm discovering that I want to fight the fear and push on. I want, no, I need to know what happens to my poor characters. They're in a real pickle and yet, the fear pushes me away.

Odd. Writing should be mandatory for everyone. I learn so much about myself as I write. Perhaps that's why Hemingway drank.

Life is discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment