Monday, January 28, 2013

Answers

These might be the answers to handcuffing my Muse. To keep her by my side. To get 'Blue' edited and 'Other' completed. 

I put goals on the right side of the home page. I have been tracking progress for awhile on the left side of the home page. 

The two are now meeting. I finished Ch. 8 of 'Other' today - well ahead of schedule, and finished editing Ch. 2 of 'Blue,' too. 

I went to Caribou yesterday and Panera's today. For the price of a cup of coffee, I can stay there all day, if I want. I really don't have the stamina to do that. Not yet, but I'm hoping I'll work up to it. I think of J.K. Rawlings, sitting at her local coffee shop with the little one in a carrier, and doing the same thing. The things we writers have to go through!

I hate to admit it - but that's what this blog is about - figuring out what works and what doesn't. Forcing myself to overcome fear and fatigue. These are my enemies. I wrote until I was tired and then pushed myself further and wrote some more. In the midst of it all, I got a bit scared - not knowing where I was headed - but I pushed through that, too.

My mantra has returned. I write to find out what's going to happen. Not to sell a book, nor to fill the needs of my readers, but to find out what happens next. And that's what I told myself when the fear reared its ugly bronze head and snarled at me. I snarled back and said, 'Go away! I want to find out what happens next.'

It was fun. What happened next, in Ch. 8, was good and plausible and fun. Can't wait to start sending these to my editor. She's off in California on a book tour and a visit to Hawaii. Someday. *g*

Life is finding out what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment