Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thirty-four Down.....

Only God knows how many chapters left. BUT


Whooo hooo - chapter Thirty four is done. Complete. Fine.


Yeah, Sure! The rough draft is done. I'll spend time on it the next few days honing it. It shouldn't have taken this long, but I had a difficult time picking it up again after Saturday. I don't know why I let these things bother me so, but I do. I thought I'd grown a thicker skin. 


As for the comments made.... I added some more 'color' - literally. I hadn't realized that I wasn't showing the changes in the world enough. Thankfully, it was an easy enough fix. But I had the darndest time with finding the 'right' color. Wikipedia has a great category that shows all the colors that belong to - say green. A really useful tool. I thought I was going to spend the entire night researching this, but Wiki came to the rescue. (Searching can be so frustrating sometimes.)


I deleted whole parts that really didn't need to be in the book. Tightening those subplots. But I'll not get rid of all of them. *stands defiantly*


Life is a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Life is definitely a challenge. I think sub plots can make a story stronger if you tighten them up! So keep standing your ground! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Leigh. I'll stand my ground, darn it all. *g*

    You know I love your blog! http://leigh-covington.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete