Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Empowered

Talk about feeling empowered! I laid in bed this morning and all I could think of was 'Blue.' The next chapter is now complete - Ch. 33. I have started Ch. 34. I've got a lot of notes already written for it. So that really means I'm about 1/4 of the way done with it. Hoping to finish it after I post this. If I do, you'll see it in the Progress part of this page. 


I had hoped that, once I moved and the legs started healing, that I might be able to hear the Muse again. She was vicious, wondrously vicious. She really wants me to write.


I had to go back. February was my last posting and I had to re-read from Ch. 29 on. Couldn't remember if she'd tried to get that blasted collar off her neck. Couldn't remember if she'd changed into a smaller creature to see if the collar would slip off. 


Once I got my bearings straight, I started writing. Felt so good. Like I was born to it. 


Which makes me wonder why it took so long for me to write. I think it might be because I've tried, for a hundred times, to keep a journal and failed. I'd try and it would work for a week or two, then I'd forget. Months or years later, I'd start again. I always used a new book, hoping that would help me to focus and continue to enter something. Nope. Failed every time.


My mother always said my older brother was the talented one in the family. That he was the creative one. Did that keep me from trying to write? Who knows? I never will. I can't use that as an excuse. I try to grow beyond what was expected of me. I'm an adult. I can't use the past to keep me from doing the things I want to. Or experimenting. Challenges. Adventures. I still quail at the thought of them, but push myself. Having the little one helps. I tell her, 'Let's go on an adventure like Bilbo Baggins.' She agrees and off we go.


Life is beyond good.

1 comment: