Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Not Complaining

At least trying not to... But I truly hate it when the Muse wakes me up at four in the morning with a new story. It's bad enough to be woken with a new chapter of my current book... I can forgive that for it means we, she and I, are forging forward, heading hither, posting powerfully... But no, she wakes me for a new story. A horror story nonetheless. A mystery horror story. 


Now - I get really intimidated by mysteries. I love them. I love Agatha Christie especially. I've even got a friend who's a mystery writer. But for me - the very thought of attempting one is mind-jarring. I can't imagine the hoops I'd have to jump through to bring such a story to fruition.


Yet - here I am. Sitting at the computer, working on a horror mystery. Don't tell the Muse. It sounds good. She didn't give me an ending. I always like to have an ending. But the beginning is wild enough to be stunning. 


Whoo hoo! Off and running, my friends.


Life is chaos.

1 comment: