Monday, April 23, 2012

Kill The Cat

I've done it. I've killed the cat. It was a suggestion by one of my critiquers. I did it. I'm not proud of it. 


Well, I really didn't do it. I alluded to the cat's presence and that gave me leeway to let the cat just fade away - not die. 


Once I did it, it made the chapter better. Stronger. Though I fought it, I'm glad I did it. 


Now I have a problem because the chapter is too short. I've got to 'dip into' the next chapter. Thankfully, this one didn't end on a major cliffhanger and so the impact isn't too great. 


I rewrote the chapter and find the impact is better. Where I am now ending it is a true cliffhanger and I do so love to leave my poor readers gasping. Or wanting to turn the page. And isn't that what it's all about..... 


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment