Monday, July 25, 2011

Secretariat

I had a boss who had a photo of the horse, Secretariat, hanging in his office. He often said that horse was the greatest racehorse ever. Because of its heart.

I watched the movie tonight. The story is quite unusual and quite good. I'm not sure if the hero was the horse or the heroine was the stallion's owner.

The fight both of them gave, the dogged tenacity in the face of untold obstacles, and the courage to go against everything sane, was quite a thing to watch.

I've made placards for the house. Be Secretariat Now. I'm taping them to my computer, to the mirror in my bathroom, and to the mirror in my bedroom.

I do not have tenacity. I do not have discipline. I do not have courage.

I have heart. I have a passion for writing. I look for encouragement everywhere.

I will publish. I will publish more than 'Sorrysorrysorry.' I will rejoice in all things.

Life is incredible.

1 comment:

  1. You've completed a book, which is something most people will never do. You share your story with others, and that requires being very brave, when you consider how many people never allow their work to see the light of day.

    Secretariat was an amazing horse.

    ReplyDelete