Monday, July 18, 2011

Perseverance

While my friend and I were chatting on Saturday, she paid me a huge compliment. She said she'd rarely known anyone who was so persevering in making her goals. At least, that's my remembrance of what she said. She also said that I was about the only one she knew who kept at writing. 

Personally, I don't think I do. I don't spend the time I think I should. But of course, should'a, would'a, could'a's are useless things. I want to write 1,000 words a day, but there is no way, at present, that I can see myself doing that. I have a little four-year old who takes all my energy, love and time. And I give it with my whole heart.

I still do function though. I do think of my books much of the time. I've got another little picture book I want to write. 

Good grief, does that mean 'Blue' gets sent to the sidelines again!?! 

It's about a dentist and a whale. It tickles me when I think about it.

'Blue's' got this glorious thunderstorm. I want to write it. But the dentist is floating in and out of my thoughts. 

Well, I'll go over to my old word file and start one for him/her. Hmmm - which should it be? Heavens to Murgatroyd! Conundrums already and I haven't even started.

Life is perplexing.

1 comment: