Monday, July 4, 2011

Courage?

I spoke with my son tonight. His daughter is a fledgling actress. She is talented, bless her heart.

My sons and my daughter all had (have) beautiful voices. They don't quite use them anymore.

I played guitar for a zillion years but haven't for quite some time.

Watching Steve Martin and his band tonight at the "Capital 4th" brought thoughts of courage. Here is a man who began his career as a comic, went on to act in movies, produce, write plays, and continues growing into a great banjo picker!

What is it that propelled our founding fathers to stand up and sunder our land from England? What is it that propels soldiers to fight? What is it that makes a housewife decide to write?

I suppose it's courage. I'm not 100% sure. Tenacity is definitely part of the mix. Perseverance. I wish I knew the definitive answer to that question. 

As it is, I'll continue to think it is courage. I'll continue to hone my own. I'll continue to learn discipline. And I'll continue to love life.

Blessings to you all - especially those of us celebrating this glorious 4th of July.

And remember - it is never too late to start something new.....

Life is splendiferous!

1 comment:

  1. Courage and the discipline to not simply dream but to step forward boldly, facing the dragons, ready, willing, and able to do battle, regardless of technique. :-)

    ReplyDelete