Friday, February 18, 2011

Puzzles

I am continually amazed - and once in awhile terrified - when the Muse steps in and solves puzzles that I didn't even know I'd created.

Case in point. My hero/heroine must take a swimming test. He/she doesn't swim; has never been near open water, nor much more than a gentle creek near his/her home. I was wondering what I was going to do - just have her/him tell the judges she/he couldn't swim and go from there? But no - this kid steps in and teaches her/him. Just like that. I never saw it coming. It worked perfectly and will be another building block towards a wild friendship.

There have been two other instances in this current chapter that have just bowled me over. I love writing. I love finding out what's going to happen. I love life.

PS - Chapter Twelve is done!
Have I said it before? Life is good.

1 comment: