Saturday, February 19, 2011

Great Day In The Morning

Judith Irvin-Kuns was the speaker for the SCBWI event today. She spoke for about three hours and I honestly sat there, mesmerized. Great speaker.

I wonder how folks who have been to conferences before viewed her. For me, she's been one of the best I've heard. But she spoke to my heart. Spoke of Courage and Trust. Determination and Patience. Along with Persistance.

Remember that Carly Simon song, You're So Vain... I honestly felt she was talking right to me. I mean that humbly. She echoed so many of the thoughts I've had about fear issues, trust issues, and being persistant. I loved it. Gave me new hope - that I wasn't alone in this struggle that is writing.

She's going to be at another event in Ohio in March. The program seems to be the same as today's, but only an hour. Very glad I got to this one!

Life is good!

PS - It was odd. First time I've heard an MC ask us NOT to share parts of the speaker's talk on blogs and such. Must be a similar problem to pirating books.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Never heard of them asking not to share. So glad it was such a wonderful experience for you!

    ReplyDelete