Friday, September 9, 2011

Week-ends

I do so love the week-ends. I get more writing, more editing, more thinking done than during the whole previous five days.

I met with an author buddy on Sunday and we had a great chat about all things writing and some things not. I do so like this woman because she makes me laugh. She has a delicious way of looking at the world. She could truly be a stand-up comedian.

We did talk about courage again. She's decided to make it one of the topics for our Saturday meeting. I'm looking forward to hearing others' thoughts.

Saturday also, I'll be going to my regular monthly critique group. I'm getting discouraged. In the early spring, a bunch of us committed to the Saturday meetings. The group was honed into two smaller groups to make that commitment work. Shortly after, the whole thing fell apart and the two groups were merged into one of not so committed writers. 

I will be presenting a couple chapters of 'Blue' this Saturday. Unfortunately, the number of people who will be attending the meeting is dwindling to serious proportions. I  cannot decide whether or not to stay with the group. 

Life is tenuous.

1 comment:

  1. Tough decision. I think it's part of the reason I've never joined a critique group. I admit that I'm part of the problem. I have a Desert Rose meeting once a month, and I don't always make it.

    ReplyDelete