Monday, August 15, 2011

No Rhyme or Reason

Does the Muse sit around and devise ways to drive me mad? 

Sometimes, when I finish writing a chapter, I feel washed out, totally drained. I look at it and think, 'This stinks,' and cringe. When I let it breathe, and go back and re-read it, most times I'm quite pleased with it. Surprised, but pleased.

Yesterday, I wrote two and half chapters of 'Blue.' I could NOT believe the productivity. Yet, as I wrote, I laughed, I cried, I loved it.

This morning, urged on by a 'goal' that I'd set at the Writers Ink meeting, I endeavored to finish the half-written chapter. I had no clue as to what happened next, but the silly, sweet, wondrous Muse kicked me in the pants and I began, with trepidation. It flowed immediately and well. 

I am now finished with Chapters Twenty and Twenty-one. Only a chapter or two from halfway. Gosh - that makes me swallow hard and shiver. I can't believe it

BUT, tell me how can this be? One time thinking my writing sucks and the next that I am the best around (well, almost).

Life is funny.

1 comment: