Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nose To The Grindstone

I didn't get to do much today with any writing. I lay in bed last night thinking about 'Blue.' It was quite productive. I've taken to keeping a notepad on the nightstand. Nine times out of ten, I'm finding myself up and writing down some thoughts. Did that last night. 

I printed out the story so far. I've got thirty-two thousand plus words written. Most of this is already edited a number of times. 

I've heard some folks say that it's best to just write, push on, keep your nose to the grindstone, and don't look back. 

I can't seem to do that. BUT - When I am writing, I write and don't edit. It's when I'm not sure where I'm going, or if it's been a couple days since I last wrote, that I re-read. During that time, I edit. Can't help myself. 

So I'm pretty far along in the process, though the book is only half written. I know what's going to happen in the next couple of chapters of the Midpoint section. After that, my hero/heroine is off and running on the next part of her story. Poor thing. Never gets any rest. I'm a nasty taskmaster!

I know what's going to happen in the following chapters, but I always leave room for the Muse. She has quite a few ideas of her own. I also know the ending. So - I feel I'm in good shape. I'm hoping that I might have the book done by the first of the year. That's the goal. 

I've got no big commitments for the next five days, none but seeing the last Harry Potter film. So I plan on keeping my nose to the grindstone.

Life is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment