Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Agincourt

I love historical fiction. And Bernard Cornwell is one of my fav such writers. I just finished 'Agincourt.' It was awesome. 'Course I am blown away by the Shakespeare play, Henry V. And the movie with Kenneth Branagh makes me weep.

As I read, I just marveled, as I always do, at the never-ending tension that is Bernard's style. Once started, I can't put his books down. The hero is always the kind that you want to help, that is easy to love, and that is slightly flawed. Still a hero.

I hope that "Blue' has some of those elements. That's what I'm striving for. Not a repeat or a mirror-image of Bernard's writing. No. A creating a world that is worth saving, a hero/heroine who is worth loving, and a sense that, if it were me, I might be able to survive and save my world, too. 

Ah -- isn't writing exciting?

Life is exciting.

1 comment: