Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Ten Pages

I've been told, and I believe it, that the first ten pages of a manuscript are the most important to an agent/publisher.

Since I will be presenting my first ten as the winner of the raffle, I've been going over them for the last few days. Once I'm done, I'll send them to my editor and see what she thinks. I thought I was done with them... but I don't think you ever are. I've heard of writers who have said they'd go back and change something on their already published works if they could. Human nature, I guess.

I'm trying to give a few more 'hints' as to what the theme of the story is and exactly what the crisis will be that my hero/heroine faces. I hope it works.

As for the Midpoint, I've not gone back to work on the next two chapters. I've reread the first one, and it still seems good. Saturday will be work day for this. Totally focused after my morning writers' group meeting. I'm not presenting Saturday, so it won't be difficult. 

Sometimes, when I'm presenting, I have to sit on my hands and really pay attention to other presenters. My mind keeps flying to my own work. I think that's typical, too. Such is life.

Life is predictable.

2 comments: