Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Struggles

Ah - a writer's life for me....

The last two days have been spent working on the little two-hundred eighty some word picture book. I am still mind-boggled over this process. I suppose, if I'd not received input suggesting I make some changes, I wouldn't be in this predicament. I'd be having fun writing 'Blue.'

I've got all the rhymes right - but will it still tickle my heart the way the original did? That's the question of the hour.

I'm putting it aside for a couple days - to let it simmer in the pot. We'll see what it smells and tastes like when it comes out.

That means - I can turn to 'Blue' with renewed vigor.

I meet with one of my writers' groups on Saturday. They will commiserate with me - bless their dear hearts!

As for now - life is tenable.

1 comment:

  1. But the picture book is now as good as you can possibly make it!

    ReplyDelete