Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hit 2000 Hits

Started this  blog on November 10, 2010. I don't think 2000+ hits for seven months is too shabby. In fact, I'm most grateful. I know some folks get thousands a month, but this is quite fine for me. 

'Course - you could tell your friends.......

My daughter read the giraffe picture book. Delighted with it. She can 'see' the illustrations that could go with it. She is most pleased and most enthusiastic. This is so wonderful for me!

She is a great proofreader. She made two changes. Now - with a tale that is only 280 some words long, each word is important. The two changes were great. Fit in with what I was going for, and made the story even better.

One of the problems that I had with this was in the use of the word 'gambol.' Both my daughter and my son thought the word was just too .... I changed it to frolic. Works with the meter and the meaning is instantly 'seeable.' Bless my children's hearts!

She is now on the couch reading "Nothing But Blue Skies." I try to stay away, let her have her space, but when I hear the giggles, I just gravitate to the living room. She's still reading. There are a little over 21,000 words so far. 

Can't wait to find out what she thinks. If the giggles are any indicator, I think I have a hit.

Life is exhilarating.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for you!! Always important to have really good editors. :-)

    ReplyDelete