Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Brief Interlude

Spent the evening with my writing buddy laughing over numerology. She was most impressed that I took a real world concept and used it to flesh out my characters. She read aloud the description for Kathleen (my main character) and commented on the depth the numerologic study gives to her. (see post #12 - Names.)

I'm excited about it, too. Besides the strong points of the character, it also portends of her weaknesses, and that is a very good thing. I'll write about weakness in another post, but a character cannot be St. George the Dragonslayer and be a good read. There must be a weakness, a frailty, for people to relate.

I'm feeling bereft at the moment - I'm not sure when I'll get another chance to write 'Blue.' Chapter 43 has nothing on the page. Shees! I know what the chapters about. Just have to sit down and write it. I have set a goal of ending the book by November 15h. God willing and the creek don't rise. So I've got to crack the whip on this tale and not let anything (fear, writer's block, the real world) keep me from it.

Once again, I can't tell you how wonderful having a writing buddy can be. Though she spent most of last evening telling me how grateful she was that I was teaching her so much about writing, I could only respond with my gratitude for helping me return to the fervor of the faith of my youth. A truly symbiotic relationship.

Life is laughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment