Thursday, October 25, 2012

#13 Consistency

Consistency - agreement or harmony of all parts of a complex thing among themselves, or of the same thing with itself at different times. Wow! Doesn't this definition say it all for writing?
http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/consistency/

Today, as often happens, I discovered a small inconsistency in 'Blue.' I think I spend a good deal of my time laughing at myself. If I didn't laugh, I think I'd be hitting myself over the head with a hammer. 

I finished a bunch of chapters, just as I had thought, but when I put them down in the 'Progress' column, I noted that I hadn't finished as many as I had thought. Well - I really had. I just put the numbers of the chapters incorrectly. I had two Ch. 42's and two Ch. 43's as their titles. Needless to say, I've corrected that in the MS and in the Progress column.

And - I am about jumping for joy, for it means I'm further along than I thought. I wrote a little more than half of Ch. 44 today. It looks pretty good, but I'm starting to get a bit shell-shocked at the pace.

I think I'll have to put up a post-it note (yup, I've started doing that) with exactly what chapter I'm on. As well as all the other things. Because this is a magic-induced universe, I find I have to constantly go to my notes pages to find out exactly what color pine trees are. Orange, BTW. So a post-it note is on my right with the colors of the things that are not 'our' colors.' It is saving so much time.

I finished a spreadsheet with the numerology characteristics of my friends in 'Blue.' It's complicated because there are four numbers (and this is only a short look into numerology) for each of the characters. But it has been worth it. 

You might think I would know my characters. And I really do. But this 'naming' has opened up my eyes to deeper characteristics, both positive and negative, and should truly make the characters even more alive. 

Life is joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment