Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sitting On My Hands

So many things happening. My mind and body urge me to send off "Sorrysorrysorry" but I am going to a conference in a few short weeks and I hope to send it off to a publisher who will be at that conference. They are a sole submission publisher, so I've got to sit on my hands. I am submitting it for a chance for a free critique in front of a group by one of the speakers. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for that. Though there is trepidation, too. Hate to have it torn apart in front of my peers, but such is life. I know it's good. Very good. Just have to bite my tongue and expect only the best.

I had x-rays Monday on my foot. Thought I'd broken it. Thankfully, not, but it's going to take awhile to heal. Planning on going to NZ in the late fall. Changing eating patterns and doing chair-dancing and weight lifting. All in preparation for NZ. Started physical therapy to regain strength in my legs after this year of illness. It wasn't fun. For that matter, neither has the year been fun, but such is life. 

Ah -- one of these days I've got to write a book entitled, "Such Is Life." Mine has been full of that saying -- for about the last twenty years. *snicker*

As for 'Blue,' it's coming along well. I'm starting on Ch. 37 tonight. If my intrepid characters ever make it to the mountain, I'll be one happy camper.

Life is good.

1 comment: