Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dreams

I know I made a vow that I'd send out my giraffe story to four publishers by the end of a gazillion weeks ago. I didn't. I was going to spend time finding publishers and then send it off. I found one really good publisher, but they wanted exclusivity for three months. That means I couldn't send it off to anyone else for the next three months. I hemmed and hawed trying to figure out what to do. In the end, I decided that the publisher was good enough to give the story to and still sit on it.


I never got the blasted thing sent. I have the address. I have the contact information. What stopped me, appeared to be the cover letter. But that's not really it. I've got a good cover letter completed. It's easy enough to put in the addy and send it off.


I'm scared. Down right, drop-dead scared. My daughter's coming over tomorrow evening. I'm going to 'use' her as a courage maker and have her sit next to me while I pull up the cover letter, put in the necessary information, and put it into an envelope and put a bloody stamp on it.


Honestly, I am a coward. But that doesn't mean I can't get some help and get over it!


Life is terrifying.

1 comment:

  1. The worst they'll say is no, and they can't say yes if you don't ask.

    ReplyDelete