Saturday, May 25, 2013

Page Added - Delving Deeper




I've been trying to 'smell the roses' as of late. Life is full and complicated. Writing is introspective. I needed to 'get out in the world.' 

I have always been an extremely poor photographer. Most of my photos end up with heads chopped off or one of the group left out (with only an arm to show they were there.) Pictures blur. Frustrating. Especially when they are of my little one. I hate that. 

Now - I do have a trusty rusty camera. But I don't know how to use it. I do have a trusty rusty Droid. I know how to use that. It doesn't matter the piece of equipment, though. The pictures can, and do, turn out horrendous. 

I haven't gotten any better. But I think I'm learning to focus. And take my time. The need to record the beauty of life, to open my eyes to the bigger picture (pun intended), and to rest in the world around me, decided the issue for me.

The other day, my little one was making flower soup. I don't know if any of you have ever had any. I 'taste' occasionally  but never put any in my mouth. It's disgusting. Don't tell the little one. There is mud in it. The water is usually taken from the standing water in teacups and such on the back deck. The flowers are never washed nor are they ones that I know to be edible. *shudder* But the soup is strangely beautiful and her dollies appreciate her efforts.

She picked flowers for me. I stripped them from their stalks and took away the leaves and pieced them together. I liked what I saw. The colors were beautiful, striking, and oddly restful. I took some pictures with the old Droid and - voila - they are on the 'Photography' page on this blog. 

Hope you enjoy them. I can't wait to see what I find on my retreat.

Life is seeing anew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment