Monday, May 27, 2013

Exhausted

Resting at a lake can be exhausting. It did me in. We hardly walked - just to the lodge around the lake and such. I think it might be the clean air. 

The trip down was really hard - about a six hour drive. We stopped a couple times but my legs got the better of me by the time we reached the cabin. I spent the rest of the night trying to recoup.

Food at the nearby lodge was fantastic. Views were incredible. Peace just permeated the place. I so wanted to take a canoe or kayak ride, but I'm physically not up to it.

I rested quite a bit - which is what I needed. I was able to write a little on the character of Andor. It felt pretty good. I picked a few names out for some of the cities, but a couple I'm just not happy with. I think I've got about four more to develop.

My synopsis is together. Now I begin the editing process.

I spoke with my editor tonight. Bless her. She called to see how I was doing. Could'a, should'a, would'a. I should have spoken to her at the end of our class last week. About my concerns about other writers. She was most solicitous. She opened my eyes to a few things. That's why I like her. She teaches me all the time. 

I want to share, but I'll do it tomorrow when I'm less tired, about the publishing process and how it takes time and such.

My little one called tonight - extremely excited - she wrote another story and wanted me to transcribe it to her blog. Bless her heart. It was a fun little tale. I'm so very glad that she finds 'creating' a story so thrilling. You should have heard the joy in her voice.

Life is joy-filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment