Sunday, May 12, 2013

Never Stagnate

I'm having dinner with my son and daughter-in-law tomorrow night. Besides being absolutely the best host/hostess ever, my daughter-in-law is going to work with me on social media. She's going to help me set up another FB account for Nothing But Writing. It will be linked to this blog and therefore, more accessible to people. I was going to wait til my granddaughter grew up and learned more about computers (she's a wiz as it is at the ripe old age of 6), but I never turn down free help. I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

My editor is having a meeting regarding the last SCBWI 'blow-out' conference. I can't wait to hear what she learned. Lots of folk from our area were there.

Class starts soon and I'm not sure I'll be signing up. I am almost done with 'Blue.' I'm still reading it through without pen or interruption. It's about 68,000 words so it is taking a bit of time. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.

Skyline will be holding its annual conference in August. The roster of speakers is pretty awesome. I'll put up a link here perhaps next month. Not sure if our website has been updated to include the conference information.

Aside from that, I'm working on 'The Other Side.' I've got a lot of research to do on this Navy Seal aspect.

My writing buddy called today to say that she is using the tools we learned about in the book, Becoming A Writer. She was really excited with her progress. 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76788.Becoming_a_Writer

I've always thought about the worse thing that could happen to me is to stagnate. Seriously not in any trouble with that prospect at the moment.

Life is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment