Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Insanity

Life is insane. I've had a huge change in lifestyle and I'm still trying to get used to it. My little one is in school now and she loves aftercare, so I'm not taking care of her anymore. I only see her on Thursdays and Fridays. I'm a bit sad. In fact, a lot sad. But I'll figure out how to survive.

Spent all of yesterday morning at a friend's bedside. She'd been admitted for BP issues. Docs still don't know what's wrong. I'm praying a lot. I couldn't leave her, though she slept most of the time that I was there. I was going to bring up my portfolio and work on it, but I thought that was a bit gouache. So I just sat and prayed as she slept. She was released today and scheduled for more tests.

Went to a Mardi Gras celebration today and had a great time with new and old friends. Ate Jambalaya for the first time ever. It was ok. *g*  More important was the laughter.

My new town has a lazy river at its indoor swimming pool. An RN friend of mine suggested I try using Vaseline to cover the legs and see if that would prevent the chemical burns I get in a 'regular' pool. It did! Whoo hoo! Walked the lazy river for an hour. I am exhausted, but happy.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. The little one will be at services and I'll be there so she knows, as always, that I'm 100% behind her. Her school is pretty awesome in that they require the kids (FIRST graders!) to write a book report every week. My little one has been illustrating hers, too. I went through her Report Book and used my cell to take pictures. Sometime this week, I've got to get them up on her blog. She is more and more enjoying reading. Thank goodness!!!

Tomorrow is also one of my writers' groups. It's a large one. I haven't done my homework for it, yet, but I'm hoping to do it at breakfast. 

Also tomorrow, I go to my writing class. I've sent the first three chapters of 'The Other Side' to the teacher. She sent a quick email stating that she is hooked. *g* I read one of the other student's MS, but I've got another (rather long one) to read. Will try to do that at breakfast, too. It will be a long breakfast. *g*

Then, I'll come home and collapse. 

BTW - I've spent the last two days working on it.Ch. 9 of 'Other.' I had finished it, but there were a few things that kept bothering me, so  It's good now. It's where I want it. There's is a lot of research for this book. Mostly because it is populated with characters who are or were in the Navy. After reading a lot of the Sharpe books and Horatio Hornblower and such, I've become confused as to what is acceptable behavior in the US Navy compared to the British Navy. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Life is research. *g*

No comments:

Post a Comment