Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Death By Hook

Suffice it to say, my condo's parking lot got paved. I stayed with my daughter. No computer. Back home today.

This hook is going to kill me. Honestly -- it is. Defiant little thing. Sticks its tongue out at me every time I try to change it, make it better. I don't know why it hates me. I'm only trying to do good for it. Doesn't it want to be the best of the best? I've changed it again, and still I'm not happy with it.

The reason for the focus on the hook is that it is up for a contest this coming Wednesday over at Susanna Hill's blog.  http://susannahill.blogspot.com/ 

Arrgghhh!

There is a second reason for my near-hysteria. I need to have the hook be 'right' for next week-end. That's the SCBWI conference in my region. I'll be critiqued by an author from California. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Be still my heart. Head -- get your act together. Muse -- where have you gone?

Life is quixotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment