Monday, June 3, 2013

Promoting Others

I went to visit an old writers group I belonged to back awhile ago. I was warmly welcomed. I think I might go back. They are a fun group and we do share a lot. No critiquing. Just sharing the writing world.

I offered my synopsis. One of the woman made some excellent points. Some things that were not clear to her that NEEDED to be. I went home satisfied and added all three points to the synopsis. I was most grateful. 

I have my writers' class tomorrow. I sent out the synopsis to be read beforehand. I'm looking forward to the classes input, but most importantly, my teacher's. I'm also going to give her (she's my editor, too) my completed MS. This *fingers crossed and on my knees with candles lit everywhere* should be my last edit before I begin the search for an agent.

I'm thinking I might not wait for the editor to finish it. The first three chapters are as near to perfect as I can get them. That's about all I should be sending out. Probably along with the synopsis. We'll see.

I also need to send out 'Sorrysorrysorry' again. I've been told not to let a finished MS lay on my desk and gather dust bunnies. I know who I'm going to send it to next. It's not as difficult with this one. Perhaps three is the charm. Still continue to cross my fingers.

*****
Helping others. I told you that's what I like to do. Here's a new children's book out this week. Buy it. *g*
http://www.amazon.com/The-Monstore-Tara-Lazar/dp/1442420170

Life is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment