Saturday, December 22, 2012

Battling Bugs

I've been assailed by bugs for the last couple weeks. First it was a nose bug. I think it was the real flu. Achy and such and nose running and coughing. :(

Then I got a GI bug. Shees! I'm tired of this. The whole family got it. Not nice to share bugs.

Today - the end of the world is happening. Well, it sounds like it. The Mayans were off a day. The wind is phenomenal. I swear my front window is going to shatter. It's being buffeted at a horrid rate.

I'm in the midst of planning for Sunday dinner at my house. I wanted to have an awesome lamb or venison meal. Reality hit. I don't have the strength YET for this, but I will - next year - you wait and see!!!

This time, I made a meal plan. I've never done that before. It really is an awesome concept. Cheezy creamy broccoli soup. Ham. Mashed Potatoes. Apple glazed carrots. My daughter's bringing dessert. Oh. And Barefoot makes an awesome new wine. Bubbly. It's called Refresh. I love the crisp white. We'll have mimosas maybe. I know they're for breakfast, but what the heck.

Christmas morning will be brunch here. I've got a neat breakfast casserole that I'll be making. Along with cinnamon rolls. And more mimosas.

I've spent a little time writing, but not as much as I'd wanted to. I'm working on 'The Other Side.' I'm going to present chapters one and three (also a bit of chapter two) to the Skyline group in January. I'm happy with it. Chapter Two is controversial. I'll only present the 'safe' stuff and ask the group if they are ok with reading something outside their comfort zone.

I wasn't sure where this story was going, but tonight, I sat down and forced myself to write. Well, that always works. The thoughts come and surprise me. I do so love that. Great Christmas present.

Well, I'm off to bed. The winds seem to have slowed so I might be able to sleep.

Life is buggy. :-)


1 comment:

  1. MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
    Moving companies Southport
    Moving companies Southport

    ReplyDelete