Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Burning My Soul

A friend and fellow writer (see blog link below) quoted Maya Angelou about agony and stories inside us.

I suppose that's what forced my hand, so to speak, and made me not have any peace until I sent out the giraffe story again. I know this story bears telling. I know it is sweet. I came to the conclusion that if I didn't pursue publishing this tale, that I couldn't continue with my other writings. That I was abandoning my tale to a dusty grave. It is worth more than a dusty grave. 

I haven't written anything on 'Blue' or 'The Other Side' since and that has created a conundrum for me. I sent out giraffes and voila - I should be writing. 

Funny thing is - the Muse is fickle. She has decided to start a new story. Perhaps I do need a break. I spoke of it in the last posting. Since I can't afford passage on my favorite cruise ship, and am further strapped so that I cannot move to Hawaii, I suppose I am doomed to write. 

Not doomed. Never doomed. Thrilled. Exhilarated. Needy. Addicted.

So I've started a murder mystery entitled, 'Dressed To Die'. I'll not go into the particulars at the moment. Suffice it to say, I've never written a murder mystery and I thought I would die before I wrote one, but the Muse is laughing and so, I bow to her.

If only the snow would stop. I can envision myself on a white, palm-tree laden beach, wind ruffling my hair, waves tickling my toes as I gaze into the blue sky and think of murder. Hmmm.

Life is a conundrum. 

PS - I am not stopping 'The Other Side' - I am giving my characters time to recoup. As for 'Blue' - I want it done. I want the editing done and the book ready to go. I want to see a cover. I want to sign autographs. 

http://claudiatallermusings.blogspot.com/2014/02/stories.html

No comments:

Post a Comment