Saturday, September 2, 2017

The Three Hunters

Ah! Life is good. Had a glorious chat with my island friends, my dearest sister-friends from Ireland. Such memories with these two brave, wonderful, and generous women! We went to New Zealand a few times together and had more fun than God should allow! Cemented our friendship, which was born on-line, and drew us as close as can be. Love you, girls! Love you so very much!

I re-finished my first book, My Sword Sings, and am pretty sure it's in its next-to-last revision. I've sent it to my daughter (Oh, girls, might I send it to you!!!???) and she'll give me a good critique. Not good in that it will be full of platitudes, but good in that it will be thoughtful and direct. Bless her heart. Best daughter ever!

Now that Book One is out of the way, I began rewriting Book Two. I laughed because the names have changed since I started this journey into the land of 'Nagara.' Never realizing the scope of the work to be done, I cringed after the first couple chapters. But, I have learned, ever onward, and so, it will be ever onward.

Doubt is, I think, the writer's worst enemy. After the first few chapters, I began to doubt the 'likability' of Book Two. But, God is good, and he showed me that, if my readers grow to love a character, which, of course, I truly have all my fingers and toes crossed that they will love my characters, then, they will rejoice at being given Book Two and will relish it. God willing.

Ah! Life is good. Don't be discouraged, my friends. I, myself, am not going to publish the way I had thought or dreamt, but it doesn't matter. I am going to publish and that, I think is a good thing. I suppose that, being on the net in some way or the other, is akin to being published. It would be nice if my readers enjoy the tale and grow to love the characters, but tonight, I can be happy that the book is done. Even though this is the second time it's done - giggles.

Blessings,
Sharron

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for keeping at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. I know you know what doubt can be like, but you are now published and awesome!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you have made so much progress! Keep going, even in the face of doubt! Keep me posted where you publish your book, I want to read the final version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart, Margaret. Been praying for you. Hope all is well.

      Delete