Friday, September 29, 2017

Flushed With Success

Another session with writing. Another part of the 'daily grind.' I forced myself to work on 'Sings'  because I need to submit for October's Skyline meeting. And it's true. I need to submit. I've wasted too much time, of late, on not writing. I felt, if I didn't submit soon, I'd fall into the void again. And I did NOT want to fall into the void. Too hard to find my way out.

A few years ago, I created a map to go with 'Sings.' When you create a new world, a map is a necessity. Besides that, male readers love them. I don't know why, but they do.

I digress. When you create a world, it helps to figure out the name of the world. :)  Long hours were spent devising names for the characters, the kingdoms, the cities, etc. etc. But I needed a name for the world as a whole. Like 'Middle Earth' for Tolkien's world. And the world of 'Dungeons and Dragons.' Or even, the world of Equestria (My Little Pony). A world needs a name. It eluded me. My poor world. An orphan. No name.

Two days ago, the Muse struck. And now, I have a name. My world is Nagarra. Saying it sends shivers up my spine. It is delightful. To me. Hopefully, it will be delightful to my readers.

And so tonight, as I prepared to attach my map to my submission, I reveled in the Power Point map that lay open before me. There it was. Nagarra. With its cities and its mountains and its kingdoms. Talk about a head rush! Phew.

I attached the next chapter and the map to my email and sent it off.

And now, in the glow of this moment, I am looking forward to tomorrow. To the seminar. To my critique.

Of course, with #3 from The Four Agreements in my head, preparing me to not make assumptions about what will happen, but with an open mind, ready to accept the feedback and #2 - not take it personally.

Life is good.

Blessings!
Sharron

2 comments:

  1. That's a great name for your world! Hope the seminar was awesome and inspiring, and that the critique turns out to be helpful as well as encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx. I do love it. A composite of the different kingdoms. God bless the Muse!

    ReplyDelete