Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Getting Excited

I met with my friend again, last night, and read the next chapter of 'Sings' to her. She loved it.

It's getting exciting again - which is awesome. I've hated not being excited about writing. I mean, it seems insane to have to push myself to sit down and write -- and yet, that's what I've been having to do for the last year.

I'm going to present the next two chapters to Skyline in October. Looking forward to that. I expect some great suggestions.

Saturday is Chuck Sambuchino and the writing conference. An email arrived today with some of the topics that will be covered, luncheon ideas, and stuff like that. I've not been to a conference in a very long time, and I am looking forward to this. Oh! Oh! And another exciting development -- Chuck is going to critique - for free - the first page of whatever we want to share. I am DEFINITELY doing that. *crosses fingers in trepidation*

As for editing, I discovered that my latest chapter had too much exposition in it. I was able to take it and put it into a scene that flowed. That was fun, too.

Hope you're writing, my friends, Blessings,
Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment