Friday, August 23, 2013

Friends And Hope

Having support is imperative for a writer. IMHO. Most of the writers I've spoken with do not have familial support. They have the: 'We know you can write, dearie. We just don't like the kind of books you're writing.' Or the ever popular, 'I will read it. Just leave it on the table.' Three months later, it's gathering dust.

To have other writers as my support system is great. It's a struggle to find them, the ones who hope for your success while striving for their own.

My friends know I've been struggling with writing, as of late. They call, now and again, to make sure I'm ok. They see that I haven't blogged for awhile and send emails asking what they can do to make it better. They offer coffee and hugs.

Most importantly - they offer hope. They say they get hope from me. I find it hard to understand that. Some of this blogs readers say this blog is the first thing they read in the morning. That the tale of my struggles helps them, gives them hope, fires their enthusiasm for their own writing.

That's a blessing - for me.

As for hope - today I'm going to share some quotes on hope with you. I know you can Google and look them up yourself, but who has the time. Now that you're here, sit back and take a moment, perhaps with a cup of tea in hand, and soak in a wee bit of hope. I know I'me doing it, too.

Life is hope.

Lord, save us all from a hope tree that has lost the faculty of putting out blossoms. Mark Twain

Hope is the dream of a waking man. Aristotle

Don't give up. Don't lose hope. Don't sell out. Christopher Reeve

Things start out as hopes and end up as habits. Lillian Hellman

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. Erma Bombeck

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie.


And finally –

I hop everyone that is reading this is having a REALLY good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes, you have an opportunity to change that. Gillian Anderson

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_hope.html

No comments:

Post a Comment