Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm G&T

Yup. Gifted and talented. It's like that other quote about finishing a book. I finished and it's a better feat than sailing solo around the world.

Darcy says I'm G&T and I believe her. The link's at the bottom. This woman is a wealth of information. Got to find out when she's giving another retreat and get to it.

"Anger, frustration, fear, impatience - do you experience some of these emotions when you face a revision that just doesn't seem to be working?"  

That's about it in a nutshell.

I sat down today steeped in a conscious effort to work on my writing. I pulled out 'Blue' and made some changes and corrections. I hadn't planned on spending a lot of time with 'Blue,' just enough to be ready for the next chapter's revisions. 

I pulled out my notes for 'The Other Side.' The phone bill called to me. 'Pay me.' Receipts chanted, 'Enter me.' Addresses chanted, 'File me.'

I didn't write. I paid and entered and filed. Made a few phone calls. Visited with my daughter. My dog, he doesn't like when I'm sitting at the computer, pawed me numerous times to play with him. I did. 

Nevertheless, I did some more research on something for 'Blue'. It took a lot longer than expected. I was looking up a phrase that wouldn't turn into a cliche. Finally found something, but it took way too long to find. The phrase works though and makes the dialogue better in the one part.

I also researched USMC markers. What I found didn't quite match what I wanted, but I think it will work. 

I've got a program taped that I will watch tonight. It's about mermaid myths and those always help my story. 

For now, though, I've got 'Other' pulled up and I'm going to write. If the dog doesn't paw me too badly, or the bills stay away for awhile... or......

Life is interruptions. 

http://www.darcypattison.com/revision/novelists-you-are-gifted-talented/

No comments:

Post a Comment