Monday, March 12, 2012

Music

Presenting my idea of the 'musical' edition of 'Sorrysorrysorry' to my editor at class tomorrow. Not sure what she'll think about the idea. I've lost my recorder in the packing and unpacking. Hoping to find it soon. Well, actually, I've got two. I haven't seen either. I hope they were packed!

Had Skyline Writers' Group on Saturday. I didn't present but we had a great discussion about another author's fantasy work. She's already published one book and is working on her second. A pretty good one called, 'Island of Tory.'

Afterwards came the real gem. One of my favorite authors from the group and I stood outside and chatted for awhile. She's writing two books. One is a thriller, cityscape fantasy. It's incredibly chilling. The other is an agrarian fantasy set in some type of medieval time. Not sure if it is this world or another. Doesn't matter.

It's always fun to get together with authors of your same genre. It's like you speak English but with a different twist to it. You understand each other. You don't have to explain things.

We talked about epic tales and numerous characters and how these tales had fallen out of 'favor' awhile back. She felt that the mood was changing and that these were coming back into style.

I remarked that I saw an ad on TV for 'Downton Abbey' where they prided themselves on the fact that there were thirty-three characters introduced in the first installment.

So - the fifty characters in my first book aren't too bad. *g*

Life is delightful.

2 comments:

  1. I hope so. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm starting to feel a bit of trepidation. Got to find those recorders!

    ReplyDelete