Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lost

I think that's what happens sometimes as I'm writing. It's not that I'm terrified (well, sometimes I am) about where the story is going. It's not that I don't have the time (who does???). It's about being lost in the story and wondering where on earth (or why) the Muse has decided to go off on some gallivant.

If you use an outline, you probably don't have this problem. Though it would seem to me that, if the Muse decided to veer off, you'd still be lost. Love my Muse!

I've got my heroes running around in this horrid volcanic valley trying to find a mist-enshrouded castle. And yet, I want to write a bit more about the area, have another crisis moment, and then go on. The Muse wants to get right to the castle. Of course, I'll obey her. She's got a 99% correct track record.

Shees! I'm a control freak, but writing doesn't allow me that pleasure.

A quick 'push' -- my pitch for Sorrysorrysorry is up at the blog site below. If you like my pitch, would you please cursor down and click on 'Sharron' and vote for it. The winner gets her pitch sent off to an editor. Bless you!  http://susannahill.blogspot.com/2012/03/pitch-pick-6-and-oh-susanna-how-does-pb.html

Life is joy-filled.

PS - still no computer, but I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment