Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Future Authors

I was reading a blog about THE CALL. Writers shared what happened before THE CALL and how they felt when they got it. It was awesome. And Sorrow-filled. http://emusdebuts.wordpress.com/

I'm not sure why I felt such sorrow. Perhaps it was the realization that so many people are desperately trying to get published.

Perhaps it's that the haul is long. Nothing is easy about the process. Not only is it a daily struggle, it can be a decade's struggle.

That's why we have to have friends, a support system, the Bible/Koran/Talmud. This is a battle. Not only in the writing -- yikes, I can only shudder at the times I've faced the Muse with open sword and said 'Where the *(^^)* have you been?" But also with the editing process, the looking-for-an-agent, the publishing house, the hiding under the bed while the family says, 'Of course you're a writer, dear.' Shame falls upon me when I look in their eyes.

That's when I turn to my support system. Even if it's only one person, people, get yourself some support.

The process is hard. Bitter. But glorious. Wait 'til you get to say, "I've got a contract!"

Life is good.

1 comment: