Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Heart Palpitations

Something odd happened today. I opened my MS of 'Blue' and felt disturbed. So disturbed that my heart did a dip. Perhaps I'm not quite as ready as I had thought to renew my relationship with this tale. The Muse screams at me, 'It's been since March. You must get back and help Kathleen. You've got to delete those scenes that we talked about.'

Deleting is difficult. Especially after I've edited and edited and edited. By now, the words feel right, the scenes are developed, and the characters are friends. How can I go in and delete even one word? Yet, my friends, I know, deep in my gut, that there are scenes that must come out. Period.

I suppose it's kind of like deleting my Facebook account. It's been years in the making and I've spent time developing relationships and contacts along the way. I look forward to pictures of friends' children, to news that an author friend has another book published, and to joy in the finding of a lost pet or a magnificent morning's sunrise.

Every story I've written is close to my heart. I have trouble editing them. Sometimes I wish I could edit blindfolded. *g* It would be simpler if I didn't know what I was cutting. ROTFL

Well, I did go into 'Blue' today and I marked some areas that I will cut and paste in another file - just in case the Muse turns unruly and insists I put the scene back.

Working with a Muse is difficult.

Life is challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment